Top tips to stay Safe Online
Tuesday 6th Febuary: Safer Internet Day 2018
There may be only one official 'Safer internet Day' but lets make everyday as safe as we can online!
In this day and age we have two plains of existence
1. Tangible in which you can use your primary senses like taste and touch
2.Online where you are connected globally at all times!!!
Whilst the benefits of being online are vast; as with anything there are downfalls and people who will use the web for their own devious means!
In order to stay safe online we recommend these tips!
- NEVER tell anyone your passwords! It's vital not to disclose your password to anyone else otherwise there's no telling what they could do!
- Change your passwords often! We are all guilty of using a certain set of passwords for everything leading us to just go through the list till we find which one works.. but that's really not secure! Choose secure passwords that you change regularly! (p.s. Don't use any personal information like birthdays!!)
- THINK before sharing your personal details!There are risks of identity fraud and invasion of privacy whenever you give any personal details online.
- Beware of scam emails! Phishing attacks are on the increase and becoming more sophisticated so it's easy to get caught out and give away personal details if you're not alert. Look closly at the email address normally only one letter has changed from the real email!
- Don't download or copy illegally! YOU WOULDN'T STEAL A CAR! Make sure you don't break the law by downloading, copying or sharing without permission. Stay legal online, this includes information from the Internet, files, music and video.
- Protect your own computer! Keep your computer and data safe by installing the latest updates! You can also get some free protection from certain companies like AVG!
Have we missed anything? Let us know!
Information from here.
- Read Next
- New to Wolves? Check out these how to videos... Emergency Network Maintenance! Quick & easy recipes to feed your family Switch & SAVE! Safety Advice from West Midlands Police It's no laughing matter Living in halls? Action Counters Terrorism 5 reasons why you SHOULD recycle
- Staying Safe Your Mental Health & Well Being Printing Services Living in halls? Career Development week How to do your laundry with Circuit