Start 2021 right with 7 healthy food alternatives!
Need some food inspo to improve your diet in 2021?
We've picked some healthy (and tasty) alternatives that you can introduce to an everyday meal with ease. Having a well-balanced diet is important and, with the help of these simple changes, you'll be well on your way to the healthiest and best version of yourself!
1. Replace white rice with quinoa
Quinoa is increasingly becoming one of the world's most popular health foods. It's full of protein and minerals such as iron and fibre. Replacing rice with quinoa is so simple and there are no limitations, so check out all these recipes!
2. Replace cream with Greek yoghurt
Cream can be pretty high in fat, and replacing it with yoghurt (or even sour cream) is a much better alternative. Greek yoghurt is high in protein and contains probiotics which support a healthy digestive and immune system. Give it a try!
3. Replace dairy milk with almond milk
A huge trend in recent years and there's now so much variety for milk alternatives, including nut-based milks, and even rice milk. Almond milk is very nutritious and has become a popular alternative to dairy milk.
4. Replace jam with avocado
Instead of kick-starting your day with a piece of jam and toast, substitute this for smashed avocado. This nutritious alternative will keep you full well into the afternoon, it is also great paired with an egg or two. You can even make avocado chocolate mousse!
5. Replace all-purpose flour with coconut flour
Not only is coconut flour high in protein and fibre, but it also has lower carbs than regular flour. It's an easy yet healthy change that can make a massive difference!
6. Replace ice cream with banana ice cream
Blended frozen banana, also known as 'nice cream', is the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth while staying healthy. Made of course with natural ingredients, this ice cream is jam-packed with beneficial nutrients. Better yet, you can have it for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
7. Replace beef with ground turkey
Red meat tends to be high in saturated fat, which can raise your blood cholesterol. If you're a carnivore at heart but want a healthier alternative, try turkey! Ground turkey is low in calories, high in protein and can be used in any meal, such as burgers and pasta dishes.
These are just a handful of healthy alternatives you can adopt this year, and there are loads more out there that you can try - they'll make a massive difference to your diet.
Good luck with your new year's resolutions and remember to always put your health first!
- Read Next
- How to keep busy during isolation... Let's explore... Wolverhampton Let's go to... Coventry Let's go to... Birmingham #City: What's near me? #Telford: What's near me? #Walsall: What's near me? Student led BSL Cafe #NSMW: The best deals in Wolverhampton We have a nursery ON campus!
- Life in halls Fancy Learning Some New Lingo? #2019Holiday Ready! How to... Download Microsoft Office Let's explore... Wolverhampton Let's go to... Coventry Let's go to... Birmingham #City: What's near me? #Telford: What's near me? #Walsall: What's near me? Student led BSL Cafe