Check out our Official SU Page!
University of Wolverhampton Islamic Society (ISOC)!
Open to all, non-Muslim and Muslim :)
The ISOC commits itself to all members of the University and strives to:
- Be the voice of Muslim students on university and union level
- Provide services that facilitate the practice of the Muslim faith
- Raise awareness of the Islamic belief amongst people of all creed and faith
- Act as a platform for debate amongst all students
- The society exists to uphold Islamic teachings in accordance with Al-Quran and Sunnah of the last and final Prophet, Muhammad (SAWS).
The ISOC shall exist to:
- Uphold Islamic teachings in accordance with Al-Quran and Sunnah of the last and final Prophet Muhammad (SAWS).
Encourage and provide the right atmosphere and facilities for Muslims to worship (Ibadah) and fulfill their obligations to Allah (SWT).
- To provide Islamic services and activities for both Muslims and Non-Muslims on campus that addresses the reality of the community on campus.
- Support and protect the interests of Islam and Muslims.
Develop ISOC committee members continuously in order to enable them to carry the call of Islam.
- Promote unity and harmony on campus by avoiding controversial issues and sticking to the verse of the Quran “And hold fast, all of you together, to the Rope of Allah (i.e. this Qur'an), and be not divided among yourselves, and remember Allah's Favour on you, for you were enemies one to another but He joined your hearts together, so that, by His Grace, you became brethren (in Islamic Faith), and you were on the brink of a pit of Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus Allah makes His Ayat clear to you, that you may be guided.”
- Change the hearts and minds of the Muslims on campus to become in line with the Quran and the Sunnah.
Combat Islamophobia by challenging incorrect perceptions of Islam and Muslims
- Provide a platform to engage in debate on various issues affecting the society.
- Ensure participation within the Students Union to preserve the welfare of Muslim students on campus
To stand as a representative for Muslim students on current affairs
- Raise awareness of the Islamic perspectives on political issues
- Engage with the media proactively
Membership is currently free, and always open to all regardless of faith, creed or background!
For more information, you can check out our FACEBOOK, TWITTER or INSTAGRAM. Any questions? drop us an email.