So you're over the first hurdle and got a spot at university (congrats!) and now you're looking forward to the big move in day.
But you're not quite ready yet; you still have to ensure you have everything you need. Here's a list of the essential items you'll need to pack like a pro for uni:
Even if you think you've got everything, double check to make sure you've got your toothbrush - that's one item you really don't want to forget.
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Toilet paper
- Toilet wipes (optional)
- Cleaning items - bleach and surface cleaner
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Body wash
- First aid kit (optional)
- Bath mats (unless you're in shared showers, then you'll need flipflops)
It might seem convincing to pack up your WHOLE bedroom, but storage at uni disappears really quickly so try to pack the things you need rather than the things you want.
- Bedding - duvet, sheets, mattress protector, comfy pillows
- Storage boxes
- Stationery and folders
- Laptop or computer
- Charging cables
- Laundry bag
- Clothes and shoes - don't forget some fluffy socks for winter!
- Winter coat/raincoat
- Documentation - Passport, driving licence, National insurance number (important things)
- Photos from home
- Teddy (optional but highly recommended)
It would be daft to show up to uni without cutlery - you don't want to be left borrowing a spoon to slurp spaghetti!
- Pots and pans - Remember to bring a frying pan, pot, and lids.
- Chopping board
- Wooden spoon
- Tupperware boxes
- Food to last a few days (ask mum and dad to help you stock your cupboard)
- Shopping bags
Anything extra which has been missed off can be picked up from the shop during your first week at uni - you don't need to take absolutely everything all at once.