Look after your mate's mental health!
Add this event to your calendar
Do you have a friend or family member suffering from mental health?
The Student Minds 'look after your mate' workshop might be able to help you. It's a 2-3 hour interactive workshop for students who may be supporting friends/family members or would just like to know more about mental health and wellbeing.
The workshop covers:
- spotting the signs that someone may be struggling with their mental health
- starting a conversation with people about their wellbeing
- looking after your own wellbeing whilst supporting others
- signposting and information on what professional and further support is available
- developing your listening skills
The workshop is delivered through a trainer presentation, group discussion and both individual and group activities. You'll never be asked to share any personal or private information - everything you do say will remain confidential.
If you're interested, see you on Tuesday 19th February @ 12pm in MD061, the Students' Union.
- Read Next
- We have a nursery ON campus! Important health & wellbeing numbers SOCIETY: Wolves ISOC Get 25p off with our reusable Starbucks cup! Printing Services SOCIETY: The Summit Christian Fellowship News just in... Consent is SEXY! Safety Advice from West Midlands Police StudentCom comes to Walsall & City Your facilities guide! Vending Machines: What and Where?! Amazon Lockers Available At All Campuses 5 reasons why you SHOULD recycle Starbucks WIFI
- Trip to Chester #NSMW: The best deals in Wolverhampton Printing Services How to do your laundry with Circuit Want to play sport on campus?