Look After Your Mate
Do you have a friend or family member suffering from mental health?
The Look After Your Mate workshop might be able to help you. It's a 2-3 hour interactive workshop for students who may be supporting friends/family members or would just like to know more about mental health and wellbeing.
The workshop covers:
- spotting the signs that someone may be struggling with their mental health
- starting a conversation with people about their wellbeing
- looking after your own wellbeing whilst supporting others
- signposting and information on what professional and further support is available
- developing your listening skills
The workshop is delivered through a trainer presentation, group discussion and both individual and group activities. You'll never be asked to share any personal or private information - everything you do say will remain confidential.
If you're interested see you on Friday 11th and 18th May in the City SU Boardroom!
- Read Next
- Are you suffering with your mental health? Samaritans one-to-one support on campus FREE Microwavable Heat Pack StartWell Fair @ Wolves Important health & wellbeing numbers FREE cooking workshop campus Plant Pot Decorating Uniguard: University Safeguarding App SOCIETY: Glee Club SOCIETY: Hindu Need a gym buddy? How to make a long-distance relationship last SOCIETY:Accessible Activities
- Have you checked out your Freshers Week events? Freshers Food & Drink Festival 2018 Your facilities guide! StudentCom is out, Glide is in! What is WLV Campus Life?