How to pass your kitchen inspection every time!
I have a what? A cleaner?!
You've probably noticed by now but if not, your block has been allocated with its very own cleaner for the year! They usually pop into your block every day to keep things in tip-top shape. They won't clean your bedroom but they will make sure the communal areas are clean and tidy.
It goes without saying to be nice to your cleaner, you're going to be seeing a lot of them! They're not only there to make your halls feel homely but they'll be coming to check your flat during the weekly inspection.
If your kitchen is left in a state it can result in you handing over some cash if you fail the inspection ...
On a weekly basis, your cleaner will be coming to inspect your kitchen. If they find any evidence of lack of cleanliness, you have 24 hours to get it sorted or you may be charged £15 per person, which is better-spent elsewhere!
There are some really simple ways to keep your kitchen clean and tidy so you pass that inspection with flying colours...
- Clean as you go, whenever sauce splashes onto the hob, clean it up ASAP before it dries and is a nightmare to get off.
- To gain a little more space, remember to only put recyclable items in the recycling bin in your kitchen.
- Wash your own dishes, the last thing you need is an argument with your flatmates.
- Empty the bins regularly to avoid a game of bin Jenga, nobody wants to be making food near a smelly bin.
- Pour boiling water down the drain on a regular basis to keep it from blocking up with oil and fat.
- Set up a cleaning rota with the rest of your flatmates. This also means less cleaning for you!
Good luck and erm, happy cleaning...
- Read Next
- Have you checked out our online shop? Don't miss the Graduation Ball... Are you suffering with your mental health? Pack like a pro: Essential items to take to uni Laundry prices increase... Get your second year house SORTED! THE private accommodation moving in checklist International students: What to bring to uni
- Best student jobs in Wolverhampton! Have you checked out our online shop? Pack like a pro: Essential items to take to uni Vending Machines: What and Where?! Catering services on campus