Whether they're next door, across the hall or across the street, we all have neighbours.
Yes, we all understand that the university lifestyle might mean coua couple late nights here and there whether you're partying or having an all nighter studying, but you always need to be respectful.
So, take note on how to become the perfect neighbour...
- Introduce yourself: Go knock on their door and introduce yourself to people if you don't know them already.
- Don't be a grump: Greeting them with a frown and an hour long rant about your other neighbours or your course is not going to help you make friends, trust us...
- Always greet them in a friendly manner: Or at least like Penny, be tolerant.
- But don't forget to knock: Even if they are your best friends, don't just barge in. Respect their privacy, a bit like Sheldon. Although, knocking once is enough!
- Always ask to borrow something: Just because they let you use their last egg once doesn't mean you should expect that all the time, be polite and always ask first.
- Stick to arrangements: If you make plans to meet up, try not be late. Otherwise, they might not let you in next time!
- Be considerate: You wouldn't want to be woken up at 3am by next door's conversation or Spotify playlist, so what makes you think someone else would?
- Keep it down: If your neighbours ask you to keep it down, respect their wishes and keep it quiet.