Why is recycling so important?
In a short answer, to minimise the amount of materials that go into landfill.
Your halls of residence have recycling bins in each of the kitchen areas, which are emptied weekly, visit here for more information!
What CAN be recycled:
- Mixed Glass
What CANNOT be recycled:
- CDs, DVDs, etc
- Crisp packets, coffee cups, snack packets
- Electrical equipment including chargers
- Folders (e.g. lever-arch folders)
- Food waste – should go in the food waste bin
- Hard plastic (e.g. CD/DVD cases)
- Tetrapak cartons