Earn whilst you study...
Checking your bank balance and seeing you're slipping deeper and deeper into your overdraft is a heart-sinking feeling.
Getting a job whilst at uni may be the last thing on your mind, but you'll definitely thank yourself when you're able to treat yourself without feeling guilty.
Before you jump straight in and start applying for every job you see, there are just a few things you should bear in mind...
- Be realistic. Are you in a good position to juggle uni work and a part-time job? If you've got tones of essays, it may not be a good idea.
- Location. Can you get there easily by public transport? You don't want to find yourself having to get a taxi every time, this would make a big dent in your pocket.
- Hours. Check the working hours and make sure you know them before you accept a job.
Working nights + a 9am lecture the next morning = tiredness overload.
- Pay. If it's going to cost you more to get there than what you'll earn it may not be worth it, have a look around.
When looking for the right job, remember that you're a full-time student, not every job is going to be suitable. Some typical 'student friendly' jobs that may work well alongside your degree could be...
- Bar staff
- Waitress - restaurant/ cafe
- Student brand ambassador
- A tutor
- Sales assistant
- Bike delivery rider
- Nanny/ classroom assistant
Have a look online to see what is out there, read the job description carefully and make sure you would enjoy and could do the job well before you apply. There are hundreds of websites filled with part-time roles, so you are spoilt for choice, we've just picked out a few to get you going...
Last but not least, why not get your CV checked by the University's Career Advisors before you send out your applications to maximise your chances of getting an interview. They offer a number of different services to help you with looking and applying for jobs, as well as interview prep - who wouldn't want to take advantage of this!
Just think, you'll be able to go out with your friends without feeling guilty - good luck!
- Read Next
- #NSMW: The best deals in Wolverhampton Quiz: What type of student are you? How YOU can help someone's mental health It's no laughing matter 8 exam season tweets you can relate to Action Counters Terrorism New to Wolves? Check out these how to videos... Living in halls?
- DPS - Digital Print Services Amazon Lockers Quick & Easy Connect with us! What is WLV Campus Life? Printing Services