Do you know your limit?
As the May Bank Holiday is coming up, we know a lot of students will be heading out to enjoy the sunshine whilst it lasts, something that you may also be enjoying is a few alcoholic beverages.
We want you to have fun but also know it's important to drink responsibly, here are our top tips to ensure you have a great time, but don't wake up with that dreaded hangover the next day...
- Eat a full meal before going out to line your stomach - the perfect excuse to get the flat together
- Try and alternate each alcoholic drink with a soft one to stop you getting too wasted - it'll help ease tomorrow morning's hangover too
- Don’t leave your drink lying around or accept one from somebody you don’t know
- Always stay with your friends on a night out - going for a wander is all fun and games until your phones loses charge and you can't find them again
- When walking home, go with a group that you know and always stick to well-lit areas
Despite what you might've heard, you don't need to be drunk to have a good night! The best nights are usually the ones you've stayed out, chatted, and danced the night away...not slurred your words and stumbled home!
Adults are advised to not drink more than 14 units per week and to spread this out (this is equal to six pints of average strength beer or seven small glasses of wine). We all know alcohol consumption can be bad for our health, especially if done in excessive amounts.
But do you know how many units are in each drink? Test yourself and your friends...
You can now work out how many units you consume on a night out, if this is more than 14 then you know it might be a good idea to cut down. Great alternatives are mocktails and to avoid the pre-drinks, saving yourself until you get to the pub will help lower your unit consumption.
Nights out with your friends can be great fun, just remember to drink responsibly!
- Read Next
- How to keep busy during isolation... Let's explore... Wolverhampton Let's go to... Coventry Let's go to... Birmingham #City: What's near me? #Telford: What's near me? #Walsall: What's near me? Student led BSL Cafe #NSMW: The best deals in Wolverhampton We have a nursery ON campus!
- Life in halls Fancy Learning Some New Lingo? #2019Holiday Ready! How to... Download Microsoft Office Let's explore... Wolverhampton Let's go to... Coventry Let's go to... Birmingham #City: What's near me? #Telford: What's near me? #Walsall: What's near me? Student led BSL Cafe