5 summer (and student) friendly recipes
Now that summer is finally here, the winter takeaways are a thing of the past, it's all about those tasty fresh summer delights.
We've brought you 5 of the easiest summer recipes that are student friendly and will have your housemates seething with jealousy.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the pepper and cook for 5 mins.
- Cook the spaghetti following the pack instructions.
- Add the courgette and garlic to the pepper and cook for 10-15 mins, stirring frequently until the courgette is really soft.
- Stir in the lemon zest and juice, basil and spaghetti into the pan and toss together. Add the pine nuts and spoon into bowls topped with parmesan.
- Cook the rice following the pack instructions.
- Pour boiling water over the broccoli in a medium pan and boil for 4 mins.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan with the garlic and onion and cook for 2 mins. Add the mild chilli powder and stir.
- Add in the Quorn chicken and fry for 2 mins. Drain the broccoli (keeping some water) and add it into the frying pan along with the soy, honey and red pepper. Add 4 tbsp broccoli water and cook until heated through.
- Serve the rice with the stir-fry.
- Heat oven at 220C/220C fan/gas7 and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Slice the cauliflower into two 1-inch steaks and rub the paprika and oil over the steaks and season. Place on the tray and roast for 15-20 until cooked through.
- To make the salsa, chop the pepper olives, parsley and capers, and put into a bowl with the oil and vinegar and mix, season to taste.
- Once the steaks are cooked spoon over the salsa and top with flaked almonds to serve.
- Cook the rice following the pack instructions as this takes the longest.
- Heat up the oil in a large saucepan and add the onion and cook for 5 mins until they soften. Add in the garlic, stir and add in the rice.
- Meanwhile, boil the broccoli for 4 mins until cooked. Add the broccoli, pepper, carrots and tomatoes into a bowl and season with soy sauce to taste.
With this dish, you can just about put anything in it, so if you have something you need to use up quickly then add it in!
- Cook the pasta following the pack instructions.
- In a large bowl mix the lettuce, tomato bacon and pasta once cooked.
- Drizzle the ranch dressing and barbecue sauce over the top and gently mix together.
- Season with pepper and serve immediately.
If food shopping is too much of a chore, remember ASDA round the corner does home food deliveries straight to your halls, bag up the items in these meals and you're good to go for a week - what more could you want!
- Read Next
- Cooking, with cereal?! Delicious & unique meals at the Telford Campus Diverse & healthy catering on the Walsall Campus Quick & easy recipes to feed your family Best outdoor sports to try in Wolverhampton Let's go travelling, on a budget! What you'll miss about WLV over summer... Where to spend summer in Wolverhampton Foods & drinks at the Science Park Campus Catering at City Campus Fantastic food & drinks in the city campus Catering at Walsall Campus
- Want to play sport on campus? Starting university as an LGBTQ+ student #Telford: What's near me? Let's explore... Wolverhampton Your facilities guide!