10 things to look forward to at uni!
A big part of first year (aside from actual uni work) is the student experience - from Freshers' week right through to post-exam parties next Spring...
You're probably excited about starting your course and making new friends, but here are 10 more perks of living away from home that you won't find on your prospectus.:
1) Having a Netflix marathon whenever you want...
Fancy watching an entire series until 2am accompanied by a late night snack without being judged? In the comfort of your new student bedroom, you make the rules!
2) Inviting a friend back to your place
Yep, you no longer need permission to invite someone round (and you can forget about any awkward morning introductions with your mum too!)
3) Buying whatever you want in the supermarket
You can indulge in all the childhood faves you were weaned off during high school: party rings, microwave pizzas and Pom Bears! However, after a couple of weeks on this diet, you'll soon be heading back to the fruit and veg aisle!
4) Wearing your PJs to the shop
Nipping to the local shop in your PJs and flip flops is generally considered acceptable when you're a student. And shorts and flip flops whatever the weather.
5) Cooking whatever you want
Not only will you learn to cook acceptable meals, you'll also experiment with weird and wonderful food combinations (basically whatever you've got in your cupboard at the time!)
6) Fancy dress
Ever wanted to experience life as a Crayola crayon, lifeguard, Avatar, or superhero? Fancy dress nights are a massive deal in first year - plus it's amazing what you can make with the things lying around your flat!
7) Broadening your horizons
You'll be meeting people from all over the world with different backgrounds and interests, and learning loads both in and out of the lecture theatre.
8) Joining a weird and wonderful society you didn't know existed...
You can join pretty much any club or society at Wolverhampton! From dance, animation, horse riding, and wild expeditions to the Ministry of Muggleborns - there's something for everyone.
9) No ironing
Thought you needed to learn to iron when you go to uni? Nope - just hang your shirt up in your bathroom after showering and say goodbye to those creases!
10) No curfew
No more worries about waking up your parents after a night out, and you don't even need to text them what time you'll be home. Just try not to wake your flatmates up unless you want to be unpopular...
We can't wait to meet you in September. The countdown is on!
- Read Next
- What is WLV Campus Life? An introvert's guide to making friends at uni! The essentials for your first food shop! What societies will you join at Wolverhampton? Starbucks WIFI Explore Telford campus How to do your laundry with Circuit Living in halls? Your facilities guide! Vending Machines: What and Where?! Get 25p off with our reusable Starbucks cup!
- How to do your laundry with Circuit Budget costume ideas you NEED for Halloween 8 stress fighting foods you NEED in your diet The MX Building is now known as The Housman Building DPS - Digital Print Services