You'll be soon approaching the summer exam period - you can't wait, right?
It's not amazing but a huge part of uni life. Summer isn't far away but before you start daydreaming about beer gardens, lazy days binging Netflix and fun days out with the family - let's get some revision done...
Long periods of studying aren't productive so it's important to take regular breaks but this doesn't mean aimlessly scrolling through Facebook for half an hour! There are lots of fun things to do:
- Take an exercise class: This could be on campus or in town. Either way, do some exercise to get those happy hormones pumping around your body.
- Go for a walk: This could be into town to do some shopping, around campus or to West Park if you're on City Campus.
- Relax: Take literally 30 mins to chill out. Put your headphones in and listen to your favourite music, do some meditation or yoga - they're all proven to reduce stress.
- Call your friend/family member: Take some time out of your hectic schedule to catch up with your bestie or your mum and let them know you're still sane - just about anyway...
- Listen to a podcast: Most podcasts are no longer than an hour so you can learn something new or interesting before starting work again.
- Watch a TED talk: Need some inspiration? A TED talk could be exactly what you need to pick you up and get you back on track!
- Play a game: Whether you're studying from home or on campus, see if one of your friends fancy a board or card game to help you switch off.
- Book a treatment: This is worth booking in advance, (it's cheaper and gives you something to look forward to) so think about a massage, haircut or your nails/eyebrows doing.
- Go out for lunch: Why not have a break and a treat at the same time? Stick to a budget or just go somewhere on City, Walsall and Telford campuses.
- Have a nap: There's nothing that a nap can't fix! If you're working from home, set an alarm for a 30-minute nap so that you can wake up energised and refreshed.